We are on the Coromandel at beautiful Flaxmill Bay next to Cooks Beach, a short ferry ride from Whitianga with a free pick up at night or a lovely 15min walk.
Since 1998, when we first opened, we have tried to create a cultural centre where not only your tastebuds
will be satisfied with good food, but also your sight with painting and sculpture, your hearing with the best live music, your smell from the open kitchen and if it’s touch you are after I’m sure we can organise a shoulder massage!
We have local, national and international musicians, films, poetry, afternoon concerts, art exhibitions, an annual sculpture symposium and more. But of course our food is the heart of our business.
We use local food and suppliers, are organic where possible, have vegetarian and gluten free options and are open for brunch from 9am till 5pm, or just pop in for a coffee and cake. We have top class dinner from 6pm.
So if you are looking for that different and memorable night out where you get entertained as well as wined and dined, go no further!!
We have been featured twice on National Television. The first time with Peta Matthias on her lifestyle show Taste NZ and the second time with ex-weatherman Jim Hickey on his show Flying Visit.
We have also been featured in the Waikato Times, Hauraki Herald and Coromandel lifestyle magazine: www.hopper.co.nz/lifeandstyle (issue 1) and various other magazines including Cuisine.
We were voted the best BYO restaurant on the Coromandel by members of the NZ Wine Society.
- Kumara chips with sweet chili and aioli
- Soup of the day with Dave's bread
- Natural or tempura pacific oysters
- Slow abraised pork belly on a caramalised pineapple and fennel salad with rich port jus
- Scallops on corn hot cake with a macadamia crumb in a pernod cream sauce
- Fresh local crayfish in avocado on gazpacho
- Seafood tasting platter
- Akaroa smoked salmon on lemon risotto with balsamic, chocolate and mint dressing
- Scotch fillet with potato rosti, merlot shallot butter with portobello mushrooms, seasonal vegetables and rich beef jus
- Wild venison on 5 spice chard with kumara and aubergine wheel, rapsberry and beetroot jelly with a rich jus
- Seafood roulade
- Rolled pork fillet with dates and apricots in a paprika and mild curry sauce with mash, kiwi and red onions salad
- Fresh fish in macadamia crumb with lemon cream sauce, served with eggsentric salad or fries or both
- Greek spanokopita on lemon risotto cake with creamy mushrooms and salad
- Chocolate and baileys cheese cake
- Decedant chocolate cake
- Date pudding
- Halle berry ice cream sundae ... a selection of Dave's handmade ice cream
- Rhubarb and apple crumble with french vanilla ice cream
- White chocolate and whiskey bread and butter pudding
© Eggsentric Cafe & Restaurant - 1049 Purangi Road, Flaxmill Bay, NZ - Ph 07 866 0307
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We are open every day from 9am till late — except Mondays, when we are closed. Ha!